By Angela Potter
How many of you have a bowl of oatmeal in the mornings because of its good fiber and then an hour later you're hungry and want a second breakfast?
Oatmeal is a great source of fiber which can help with hormone balance and digestion. On the other side, it doesn't have much protein or fat in it which can cause your blood sugar to crash.
Cue hunger and irritability.
How does this oatmeal recipe help change that and improve metabolism?
1. It is filled with healthy fats and good protein which helps balance blood sugar.
2. It has warming spices that help improve digestion.
Try this recipe to feel rejuvenated and ready to take on the day.
I like to put a lot of intuition in to my cooking. Often, a recipe looks different every day because of my preferences and what I have in the kitchen. Use this as a guideline to create a recipe that you love!
By Angela Potter
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of oats (or try a multi-grain mix for a more nutrient-dense breakfast!)
- A spoonful of yogurt
- A tablespoon of coconut oil or butter
- A spoonful of nut butter - try peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter
- A handful of blueberries (fresh in the summer, frozen in the winter)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- A small pinch of cayenne
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan, add the oats and reduce to a simmer.
- While the oats are simmering, add the yogurt, coconut oil or butter, nut butter and blueberries to your breakfast bowl.
- When the oats are almost done cooking, add the spices and mix well.
- When the oatmeal is finished cooking, add to your bowl of goodies and mix well.